Sunday Morning Classes in Manhattan
Below is logistic information on the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies' continuing public classes in Manhattan taught by Dr. Yang. Note: Class dates are subject to change due to Dr. Yang's busy travel schedule and ever increasing demands for his teaching.
Classes are structured in sessions of 10 classes - each class is 2 hours. Occasionally, when existing students travel, there will be an open space for drop-in students. You can check with the Center if you travel to NYC and would like to join a group lesson to learn from Dr. Yang.
The holistic taiji & qigong curriculum is designed to improve our wellbeing in mind, body, and spirit. Classes are non-sequential, so students are welcome to join anytime. Currenlty class is focuses on static and dynamic qigong meditation, the essential movements of the 48 form movement, and push-hands.
Note: This class is currently full but spaces do sometimes come available. Please sumbit the applicaton linked below if you are interested.
Once you apply and are accepted, you will be invited to attend a single drop-in class when a drop-in spot comes available. This will allow you to evaluate whether you would like to continue as a full-time student, without committing to a full session.
Two steps are required to apply for class:
- Submit an application form. We aim to respond to all applicants within three business days.
- We will forward an invitation to a trial class as space allows. You will need to respond to that invitation and submit a waiver form at that time.
Please note that, in order to manage class size, all persons must register and pre-pay for the class - unannounced drop-in students are not accepted.
Location: 440 Studios - 440 Lafayette St, Studio 3G
- Direction: 440 Lafayette Street, Manhattan, New York.
- Parking: available on the street
- Dates: see calendar below
- Class time: 10:00A - 12:00P. Note: Due to Dr. Yang's busy travel schedule, an occasional class may be on Saturdays instead of Sunday. Please check the calendar for class time updates.
- Session length: 10 classes (2hrs/class, 20 hours total instruction)
Cost: $500 for 10 class session, $65 for drop-in classes.
All students must first submit an application/waiver form.
All class fees are non-refundable, except for medical emergencies.
- Make-up classes: No make-up classes are available
- Subway Service Advisory: Here is a link to the subway service advisory. To ensure that you arrive on time, please check subway schedules before class.
Payments may be made via check or money order at class.